Spark ignition engine management system, presently capable of fully sequential operation (injection and ignition) on 4 cylinder engines and banked injection + wasted spark up to 8 cylinders.
Introduced in 2015.
Available for purchase from our web store
Software feature highlights
- 32 bit microcontroller
- External dimensions 115x106x46mm
- 6 dedicated injector outputs, 5A max current. Saturated (high-Z) injectors driven directly. Must use resistors for peak&hold (low-Z) injectors. Unused injector outputs can be used for other functions.
- 4 dedicated ignition outputs. Standard 5V logic level (50mA max) for smart coils or external ignition modules. Built in ignition coil drivers option at purchase time.
- 10 extra outputs suitable for PWM idle control, stepper idle control for 6 wire steppers, fuel pump relay control, tachometer output, boost control and more.
- 2 dedicated engine speed inputs, support logic level and some VR sensors as standard. Modules available that install into the ECU to support weak signal VR sensors
- 2 extra inputs for road speed, turbocharger speed or frequency based MAF sensors. Can also be used as switch inputs
- 1 dedicated active low switch input
- Built in 4000mbar MAP sensor with 4mm push-lock bulkhead fitting. Suitable for up to 3 bar boost at sea level. MAP can also be taken from an unused analog input and external sensor, freeing the internal sensor for barometric correction.
- 3 dedicated 12 bit analog inputs for throttle position, engine coolant temperature and charge air temperature.
- 3 extra 12 bit analog inputs, selectable as lambda inputs, external MAP sensor, active low switches, multiplexed switches and calibration switch
- Powder coated extruded aluminium enclosure
- Conformal coated board for moisture/splash resistance, mounting in a dry location recommended nonetheless
- Molex mini-fit jr plastic crimp connectors
- Dual CAN bus for interfacing with peripherals such as transmission control, dash displays, VGT actuators or sensor interfaces as well as OBD2 diagnostics and data streams
- Native USB connection. No USB-232 converter or associated hassle.
- Data logging at over 50Hz standard via USB to computer running calibrator software
- 8GB Internal data logging memory option on purchase time with real time clock for time stamping of log files. Up to 1000Hz data logging rate. Versatile logging conditions and burst logging.
- Operating temperature range -40°C to 100°C. Recommended that ambient temperature in mounting location does not exceed 60°C
- ECU temperature sensor integrated
- 2 years parts+labour warranty
- Unit may be returned for reconfiguration of purchase time options after purchase time
- Advanced but ergonomic PC calibrator application.
- Fuelling and ignition maps with fully configurable dimensions up to 256 fields. (Can have for example 16 load breakpoints and 16 speed breakpoints, or 10 load breakpoints and 25 speed breakpoints)
- Individual injector fuelling variation based on engine speed and load (up to 256 fields).
- Individual cylinder spark timing variation based on speed and load (up to 256 fields) if cam sync present, up to 8 cylinders
- Compatible with most crank/cam trigger arrangements found on engines today
- Turbo boost control for any PWM operated pressure or vacuum solenoid, wide frequency range. Suitable for wastegated as well as VGT turbochargers.
- Unused extra outputs can be programmed as on-off based on all running parameters
- Firmware field upgradable over USB. No special hardware required. Firmware updates free of charge, new features still being developed.
- Advanced launch control and traction control
- Short term fuel trims (closed loop lambda control)
- Long term fuel trims (automatic fine tuning of fuel map, requires on board data logging option)
- Closed loop variable valve timing control
- Advanced nitrous oxide control strategy (2 stages, wet or dry, progressive PWM based on any parameter)
- Gear shift power reduction for clutched or clutchless upshifts
- Industry leading CAN bus implementation. Lets the tuner configure CAN bus broadcast packet content to match almost any target device.
- Up to 8 different calibrations for most major functions selectable using an external switch
- Vast array of error detection functions and engine protection parameters
LPCX expansion board available, installs in the same case as the ECU. Adds the following functionality:
See user's manual
- Electronic throttle control for any direct drive throttle body with analog position feedback. 15A peak current capacity
- 8 additional analog inputs
- 2 additional high speed digital inputs
- 4 additional low side switch outputs
Back to main page